Sunday, August 30, 2009

Mission to Gelan

If there's one thing that Afghan children are good at, it is mooching stuff off of American troops. On a recent mission to the district of Gelan I encountered this minature horde. They fleeced me for 10 packs of gum and a bag of pens. They then demanded chocolate and juice, of which I had none to give. Apparently this answer was not acceptable to them, so they countered with a demand of my earplugs and personal pen, both of which are easily visible on my body armor. I told them "no" and they brought their business elsewhere, specifically to my buddy LT James Bowen. They suggested a trade of the gum and pens I had given them for his rifle. After careful consideration, he told them "no deal" and we settled for this picture to conclude our negotiations.

No comments:

Post a Comment